Sunday, July 10, 2011

He gave me a new song to sing

I woke up one morning recently, and I made a very startling reality.  I don't want to be a nurse practitioner.  In fact, the day to day of it started to make me cringe.  What?

I am a few thousand dollars too late to make this discovery, but it is so true.  Saying it was so real, and I don't regret the realization.  But then, fear came over mean like a tidal wave.  I found myself in sobbing last night because I couldn't think of anything that would make me happy.  A very sobering reality.  But God broke through.

He made the waves.  The tidal waves.  And He curls the waves around His finger just as easily as He smooths the sand.  So I know He can handle this.  He's taking me somewhere I have yet to know.

God loves me.

He came.  He met me.  He held me. And He's lifting me!

I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear
And will trust in the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment