Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He is faithful even when I'm not

My God is able to carry me through the deepest valleys and the murkiest water.  I cannot describe how absolutely drenched in sweat and tears I've been about a few situations in my life as of late.  And yet I can still hear God saying, "Katie, I got this.  I'm God for crying out loud."  (KSV - Katie Standard Version)

The idea of faithfulness is similar in structure to "fidelity".  We harvest many of our words and ideas from the Latin root "fidel":

Some good (semper fi, fidelity, confidence..)
Some needing assistance to return to good (yes, Fidel Castro's mother had the best of intentions when she named him)

So no matter the situation, no matter how far we feel from God's presence, we need only turn around to see He has been faithful and remained all along.

Psalm 139 - Read it.  Have a good cry as you read David's description of God even being with him in the farthest reaches of the seas.  It's a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment